Constance Frances Scheu
Constance Frances Scheu was born on 27 June 1914 in Highbury, Middlesex, the only child of Douglas Charles and Elizabeth Alice Annie Scheu. She worked as a secretary in the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, living with her parents at 69 Bowes Road, Palmers Green, Middlesex.
Constance married Arthur Thomas Banks on 16 March 1940 at St Gabriel's church, Bounds Green, Middlesex. She presumably met Arthur while visiting her aunt Kate Parsons, who lived on Hythe High Street, and whose daughter Lily had married Arthur's second cousin and former neighbour, Bob Banks. After their marriage they lived in West Street, Hythe and had three children. In the 1960s, Constance's parents moved from London to a house in School Road, Hythe, and a few years later Arthur, Constance and their family moved in with them. Constance died on 22 July 1978, aged 64, and Arthur died on 22 December 2002, aged 97.
- ↑ Birth certificate (short form) for Constance Frances Scheu, born 27 Jun 1914, Highbury subdistrict of Islington, Middlesex. Original held by Richard Smith.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Information provided to Richard Smith by his mother, Constance's daughter.
- ↑ The National Archives : General Register Office. 1939 register for district BQCM, Southgate, Middlesex, England (RG101/891F), p 11. Digital images on FindMyPast.
- ↑ Marriage certificate, for Arthur Thomas Banks & Constance Frances Scheu, married 16 Mar 1940, at St Gabriel's, Bounds Green, Middlesex. Privately held by Richard Smith.
- ↑ The National Archives : General Register Office. 1939 register for district EENQ, New Forest, Hampshire, England (RG101/2387F), p 6. Digital images on FindMyPast.
- ↑ Information provided to Richard Smith by Arthur Banks.
- ↑ Southern Daily Echo. "Banks." Notice of death. 28 Dec 2002.