Maria Harriet Mary Ann Fry
Maria Harriet Mary Ann Fry was born in around 1840 in Bloxworth, Dorset. She died in 1913.
Maria married Willia Vane on 16 June 1859 at Overton, Hampshire, and their first child Alice was born that November. On the 1861 census they were living on Winchester Street, in 1871 they had moved to Dublin Street, seemingly an old name for Kingsclere Road, and in 1881 they had moved again to Church Street. Their fifteenth and final child, Albert, was born in 1884 in Overton, after which they moved to 3 Alma Road (now called Burgess Road), Bassett, a suburb of Southampton in North Stoneham parish; they remained there until shortly before their deaths.
Children & grandchildren
- Alice Vane (1859–1947). Married Frederick Digweed (1861–1925).
- Emily Selina Vane (b 1880). Married Edmund James Grimes (1876–1940).
- Seth Cox Vaine (b 1881).
- Fred Digweed (b 1892).
- Lilian Ellen Digweed (1892–1971). Married Victor William H A Roper (1894–1975).
- Andrew William Digweed (1894–1966). Married Lilian Blanche Woodrow (1896–1977).
- William Vane (1861–1944). Married Alice Osmond (1861–1955).
- Florrie May Vane (b 1884). Married Thomas Frankland.
- Alice Daisy Vane (1885–1911). Married Harry Sheldon.
- Elizabeth Annie Vane (1887–1889).
- William John Vane (1889–1890).
- Kate Vane (b 1890).
- Lillian Vane (1892–1921).
- Freda Vane (b 1897). Married Howard Carter (1894–1955).
- Jane Vane (b 1863). Married Mark Smith (1865–1929).
- Rose Vaine Smith (1890–1973). Married Edward J Mansbridge.
- Andrew William M Smith (b 1894). Married Winifred C Davis (b 1896).
- Ann Vane (1865–1866).
- Mary Vane (b 1866). Married William Sands (b 1853).
- Ellen Vane (b 1868). Married Frank Goulding (1872–1956).
- May Goulding (b 1893). Married Horace A Thompson.
- Ellen Goulding (b 1896).
- Agnes Louisa G Goulding (1900–1906).
- Stanley Francis Goulding (1908–2001). Married Irene Muriel M Tuck (1908–1971).
- Kate Vane (1869–1925). Married Richard Henry Cogger (1867–1939).
- Richard Henry Vane Cogger (1901–1964). Married Gladys K M Dawes (b 1909).
- Annie Rose Vane (b 1871).
- Edith Vane (1872–1951). Married George Smith (1874–1952).
- Maria Vane (b 1874).
- Edward John Vane (1875–1944). Married Annie Hoskins Owton (1875–1950).
- Dorothy Margaret Vane (b 1902). Married Kenneth W Daniels (b 1908).
- Edward Maurice Vane (1905–1965). Married Irene E Smith (1908–1993).
- Leonard Alan Vane (1907–1974).
- Patrick William Vane (1910–1991). Married Doris E Hinton.
- Edmund Vane (1877–1958). Married Mildred Elizabeth Emery (1892–1969).
- Louisa Vane (1879–1883).
- Andrew Vane (1882–1928). Married Margaret Rose Grant (1884–1953).
- Leslie Grant Vane (1907–1991). Married Phyllis M Laughton (1911–1984).
- John William Vane (1908–1989). Married Marian Laura Kernan (1911–1998).
- Donald A Vane (1914–1916).
- Albert Vane (1884–1958). Married Sarah R Martin (1894–1977).
- Doris Vane (1917–1996). Married Frederick Ernest Hicks (1913–1983).
- Elsie Vane (1919–2006). Married William A Scott.
- Iris Joan Vane (1921–2007). Married (i) Charles Arthur Lionel Manship (1917–1942), (ii) John R Marshall.
- Donald A Vane (1925–1980). Married (i) Patricia C Miller, (ii) Barbara M Philpott.
(Note: The baptism register at Overton includes a further child, Frank Vane, baptised on the same day in 1869 as Ellen. He does not appear on the 1871 census or any subsequent one, nor is there a suitable birth or death registration for him. The 1911 census states that William and Maria only had fifteen children, and they are all accounted for above. Possibly he was an unrelated child baptised on the same day as Ellen, and the priest or clerk made an error writing up the register, copying Ellen's parents' names instead of Frank's.)
- ↑ Marriage certificate of William Vain and William Fry, 16 June 1859, at the church of St Mary in the parish of Overton, Hampshire. Copy held by Richard Smith.
- ↑ The National Archives : General Register Office. 1939 register for district EENY, New Forest, Hampshire, England (RG101/2388D), p 13. Digital images on FindMyPast..
- ↑ The National Archives. 1861 census for Overton, Hampshire, England (RG9/712), fol 159A, p 10. William Vane's household. Digital images on Ancestry.com.
- ↑ The National Archives. 1871 census for Overton, Hampshire, England (RG10/1239), fol 43, p 7–8. William Vane's household. Digital images on Ancestry.com.
- ↑ The National Archives. 1881 census for Overton, Hampshire, England (RG12/1259), fol 65, p 7–8. William Vane's household. Digital images on Ancestry.com.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 The National Archives. 1911 census for Southampton, Hampshire, England (RG14/6248), sched 36. William Vaine's household. Digital images on Ancestry.com.
- ↑ The National Archives. 1891 census for North Stoneham, Hampshire, England (RG12/926), fol 103, p 16. Maria Vaine's household. Digital images on Ancestry.com.